PANEL 2 - WHAT ARE SOME TOP-DOWN SOLUTIONS TO ADDRESSING THE BARRIERS FACING REGENERATIVE ENTERPRISE?
During the Innovate to Regenerate Greenhouse Event: Our Regenerative Futures, we had the opportunity to hear from three panelists sharing solutions and pathways to address the barriers and challenges raised by leaders of regenerative enterprises on Panel 1.
This panel was led by Dr Dimity Podger, Regenerative Communities Manager, and featured the following panelists:
- Kerry Jones, Director at (TACSI), and leads TACSI's portfolio of work in Regenerative Communities.
- Meaghan Burkett, Executive Director of , and a specialist in Community Wealth Building.
- Georgine Roodenrys, Partner at , and leads their national circular economy work.
The panel covered a great deal of ground, including:
- The need to have regenerative ways of doing regenerative work by resourcing a system as compared to applying band-aid funding.
- Using community wealth-building models to address the need for capital and land for regenerating nature and place.
- The role of Indigenous leadership in regenerating places and taking the time needed to build relationships and mutual trust across stakeholders.
- The importance of investing in social and capacity development to enable and sustain the transition to a regenerative economy.
- The essential need to shift the economic paradigm to one centring on the well-being economy.
- Lessons from place-based regeneration work already in action in Australia.
Watch the 20-minute panel here: