6 Oct 2020
RENEWABLE RECOVERY WINS WORTH CELEBRATING
Nicky Ison - Energy Transition Manager - WWF-Australia
In June this year, WWF launched its Renewable Recovery campaign. A campaign to ensure that as we emerge from the COVID-19 health crisis, over 100,000 new jobs are created by growing Australia’s renewable and clean energy industries. We worked with leading consultancy EY to produce a report that outlined the economic opportunity of a renewable recovery, developed a $2billion renewable recovery package and have worked with companies across Australia to advocate for renewable stimulus measures.
Help Regenerate Australia as we emerge from the twin disasters of 2020 by making a donation to our Renewables Nation campaign today. Your generous support will supercharge our plan to future-proof Australia for people and nature.
In the last three months, it has been gratifying to see state governments increasingly step up to lead a renewable recovery.
Here are a few of the campaign wins so far:
• The WA Government announced $56M local solar stimulus (July) $13M Battery manufacturing boost and $22M investment in renewable hydrogen (August)
• The NSW Government announced the acceleration of huge Renewable Energy Zone in New England, $37M for Big battery projects (August) and plans to make Newcastle and Port Kembler renewable hydrogen hubs (September)
• The Qld Govt announces $145M funding for 3 new Renewable Energy Corridors (August), and $17M for a new renewable energy training centre (June) and $500M publicly owned Renewable Energy Fund (September)
• The Victorian Government announced plans to secure at least 600MWs of renewables to power trains, schools and hospitals to help drive the state’s economic recovery (September)
• The Federal Government announces #RenewableRecovery investments in a hydrogen export hub, renewable and battery storage micro-grids for remote areas and millions to fund a program to support community organisations to lower their energy bills (September).
• Federal Government commits funding to support clean energy technologies to be made in Australia Manufacturing clean energy technologies like batteries and electric buses announced as a top government priority Australia can be a renewable export powerhouse – making things, using them and exporting them to the world all with affordable & reliable renewable energy (October).
Share this #RenewableRecovery win!
We’re so excited to see what comes next as Australia becomes a renewable energy powerhouse!