18 Nov 2021
10 BEST NATURE QUOTES FROM SIR DAVID ATTENBOROUGH
There isn’t a more distinguishable voice for our planet than Sir David Attenborough. Over the years, he’s taken us on countless journeys to some of Earth’s wildest places and inspired entire generations to take care of the place we all call home.
On 8 of May, we celebrate Sir David Attenborough’s 97th birthday and reflect on all the amazing stories of nature he has given us.
Here are just some of his most inspiring quotes on nature. 🌿
1. "It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."
Take action now to prevent the extinction of our unique Australian animals, like koalas, eastern quolls, and green sea turtles. Your tax-deductible donation can help restore their habitats, protect them from predators and ensure their survival in the face of climate change.
2. “It is that range of biodiversity that we must care for - the whole thing - rather
than just one or two stars.”
3. "An understanding of the natural world is a source of not only great curiosity, but great fulfilment."
4. "I wish the world was twice as big - and half of it was still unexplored."
5. "It's surely our responsibility to do everything within our power to create a planet that provides a home not just for us, but for all life on Earth."
6. “Young people - they care. They know that this is the world that they're going to grow up in, that they're going to spend the rest of their lives in. But, I think it's more idealistic than that. They actually believe that humanity, human species, has no right to destroy and despoil regardless.”
7. “The whole of life is coming to terms with yourself and the natural world. Why are you here? How do you fit in? What’s it all about?”
8. “People must feel that the natural world is important and valuable and beautiful and wonderful and an amazement and a pleasure.”
9. “The truth is: the natural world is changing. And we are totally dependent on that world. It provides our food, water and air. It is the most precious thing we have and we need to defend it.”
10. “This is a story of our changing planet, and what we can do to help it thrive…”
Find out how you can help it thrive as Sir David Attenborough takes you on a journey around Our Planet on Netflix!
🎉 Happy 97th Birthday to Sir David Attenborough! 🎉