26 Apr 2015
WWF STATEMENT ON NEPAL EARTHQUAKE
WWF is deeply affected by the tragedy unfolding in Nepal. Our thoughts and prayers go out to those impacted by this disaster and their families, including the WWF staff and partners working in the country and surrounding regions impacted by the earthquake.
We are working closely with our team in Kathmandu and in our satellite offices throughout the country and closely monitoring the situation on the ground and providing assistance wherever possible.
Along with WWF’s offices throughout Asia and beyond, we are committed to supporting Nepal and our staff and their families as they recover from this earthquake.
WWF has supported conservation work in Nepal since the 1960s, formally opening an office in 1993. Today, more than 100 dedicated staff operate throughout the country, working with local communities to protect the country’s incredible natural resources and wildlife.
To donate to Nepal emergency funds:
- Red Cross: Call 1800 811 700 or go online to redcross.org.au
- World Vision: Call 13 32 40 or go to worldvision.com.au
- Plan International: Call 13 75 26 or visit plan.org.au
- UNICEF: Call 1300 884 233 or go to unicef.org.au
- Save the children: Visit savethechildren.org.au
- Australian Himalayan Foundation: Go to australianhimalayanfoundation.org.au
- OXFAM: Visit oxfam.org.au