A global shift towards renewable power and clean energy goods and services is already well underway, and immediate early action can make Australia a leader and position workers and businesses for the future. This is Australia’s opportunity to create 395,000 clean export jobs and generate $89 billion in new trade by 2040 through investment in clean energy exports. In this new analysis, ACF, WWF-Australia, ACTU and BCA identify 5 specific actions for government to put Australia at the front of the pack:
- Coordinated investment in 7 clean export precincts
- $10 billion co-investment in new industries
- $5 billion fund for workers and regions to diversify
- A new program to support low carbon materials in major infrastructure projects
- An interim target of 6GW of hydrogen and 3 green metals plants by 2027
See below for the full and summary report.